Sunday, January 25, 2015

Windcaves

It's never too late or too early to remember my life so here goes my post at 1:12 in the morn. I just wanna do it when it's fresh in the knoggan, ya feel me?

So after a good long day of being BORED i texted the crew (ell Ben em Nate) and Ben and I decided to hike to the windcaves because there ain't no better January activity. Ellie woke up from a nap soon thereafter and decided to join us on this little adventure.

We didn't venture out until 7:45ish and when we did we had a hard time finding the parking spot up logan canyon. For future reference: ITS PAST THIRD DAM. Okay, got that settled. We eventually found it at it was a joy that we did so. We set in the car for awhile and waited for Ben watts, Preston, curt, Sheldon, and josh to show up. It took them like 30 minutes so by the time they got to the trailhead we were kind of like... Do we REALLY wanna do this? And I am glad we really did.

If was like a frodo and sam, fellowship type of adventure and those are the best kinds! Ben was playing his LOTR film score (you can always count on Ben for that) and it was a jolly ole time. It was super slippery and scary for some parts but I realized that when I truly focus on where I am putting my feet, I don't fall as much!! Hallelujah! We took a lot of short cuts to reach the top but when we did it was cool.

At the top it was cool to turn off all our lights and see (what we could) of the view. It looked so cool all dark and snowy and stuff. Then we carefully headed down into the cave. We just sat there for awhile and talked and took some real sick pics. (Don't we always?) and then we headed back on down the mountain.

On the way down, Ben had a great idea to take a short cut. well the short cut was basically down this little ravine that was super slippery and pretty steep but it was fun! It was just me and the two bens that took that way, and it's probably a good thing that it was just us or else we all would have toppled over eachother on the way down. We had some good bonding time and really reminisced on summer days and camping and hammocking and eating s'mores and barbeques. Holy cow summer is #1. I love it so much. We made it safe and sound down the mountain (probably thanks to a prayer we said while hiking) and it was fun to take a big shortcut. (Oxymoron? Yeah...)  we were like 20 minutes a head of the other guys! So an eventful adventure.

Then we headed over to the ole Mickey d's where I dropped Ellie's credit card and went on a scramble lolz. Then over to Dallins for Quick twenty minutes. Ahhh, what a long, good day. Life is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment